NON ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Cook, it is necessary to fulfill the responsibilities in accordance with prevailing standards of practice.
- Function within the parameters of knowledge and experience practicing safely and competently.
- Seek supervisor guidance whenever a question regarding a specific task or responsibility occurs.
- Maintain a friendly, caring and respectful attitude.
- Submit accurate and complete time sheets to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Maintains effective interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills at all times, both internally and externally.
- Maintains a personal code of ethics and respects the confidentiality of the clients.
- Works collaboratively with all disciplines, facilitating productivity, cooperation and efficient operations.
- Uses appropriate communication channels.
- Makes recommendations for areas of improvement, sharing insight and ideas.
- Maintains a good attendance record.
- Observes Agency Policies and Procedures.
- Adhere to universal precautions and uses appropriate personal protective equipment to protect against exposure to blood/body fluids and other potentially infectious materials.
- Follows established practice in maintaining special equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to changes in the workload or assignment.
- Recognizes need for guidance; accepts and / or seeks assistance as necessary.
- Continually strives to make the best use of time during the work shift.
- Evaluates own progress, identifying areas of strength and need and assumes responsibility for professional development.
- Must continue to achieve a satisfactory performance review annually.
- Exhibits behaviors appropriate for the Agency, demonstrating such characteristics as good grooming, proper speech, and personal hygiene.
- Must have personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with clients, GVNA staff and vendors.
- Must be able to relate to the ill, disabled, emotionally upset and individuals with special needs.
- Completes Safety Educational Training prior to Performance Review date.
- Assures all certifications/licenses (as appropriate) are up-to-date with the HR Department.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Certification: ServSafe certification or certification within 3 months of hire.
- Experience: Two (2) years of experience in food preparation preferred.
- Other: Good communication skills, ability to read, write and understand English clearly including basic math skills, evidence of maturity and ability to deal effectively with job demands and stress, ability to project a positive image of the GVNA Healthcare and maintain a customer-focused approach to all work, basic knowledge of food handling, safety and the use of equipment, ability to work independently.